Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild!

After reading this book, I have found myself telling my first-graders, "You'll drive me wild one day." This book is about a mother-daughter relationship and how it is hard not to lose your temper at least every once in a while. Harriet is the daughter, who continues to make mistakes like spilling things or making things fall on the ground. Finally, her mom gets angry and loses her temper, but in the end, they know they still love each other.
I think this is a good book to read when talking about forgiveness. It is a good way to teach children that they will all make mistakes and it is important to forgive each other as well as asking for forgiveness when necessary.
Fox, M. and Frazee, M., Harriet, You'll Drive me wild! Harcourt, New York.

No comments: